Below is a list of events held by Ride Kirklees and other 3rd parties. If you have an event/ride planned and would like to include it on here, please contact email@example.com
- Tuesday 22nd, 6pm. Public Rights of Way meeting at Holmfirth Civic hall. A chance to meet with PROW officers and discuss the experimental TRO on Ramsden Road.
- Sunday 20th January 10.30 am at Oakwell Hall. The unofficial opening of the Oakwell Hall Trail. A chance to meet up with Ride Kirklees group members for a bit of a social and celebration of the opening of the trail.
- 6th January. Committee members trail day at Oakwell Hall – checking the trail to see if it is ready to ride, litter picking and possibly opening it up!!
- Footpath maintenance at Oakwell Hall. There is a footpath in need of some work next to the trail, that if done will help keep walkers on our side and off the trail. Meeting at 9:30 in the carpark opposite the café entrance, please wear suitable clothing, and bring a flask.
- 3rd November Albion cycles regular shop ride (1st Saturday of each month) has teamed up with Trash Free Trails and are heading out to clean up some trails. Meeting at 9.30 at the shop in Thongs Bridge.
- 4th November. Restoring the record training by the BHS. Free training in either Sheffield or Manchester. See http://www.bhs.org.uk for more details.
- Oakwell hall ride out. Chris’s Hull has arranged a mountain bike ride for this Sunday 28th starting at Oakwell Hall. The ride starts at around 9:30 in the carpark opposite the cafe. It will be approximately 12 miles and will go through oakwell, over to Breyer woods, howler ruins and then back to oakwell. Will take approx 2 hours.
- 4th October. Do you know your trails? The gallery Café, Honley. A chance to find out about 2026 and what we can do to help. Costs 4 with pie and peas.
- 5th October. AGM meeting to be held. Venue is to be Magic Rock Brewery, Huddersfield.
- 6th October. Dig day at Oakwell Hall. Tree felling work to be carried out to prepare for Bike track arriving on the 8th October.
- Ride Kirklees group ride from Marsden, looking at the trails around Wessenden and Wilkally Clough packhorse trail.
- Sunday 4th – Group ride out from Slaithwiate around Meltham and Marsden. Setting out from the Handmade Bakery at 9:00 am.
- Thursday 15th – First group meeting of 2018. To be held at the Magic Rock Taphouse (Willow Park Business Centre. Huddersfield HD1 5EB
- Saturday 2nd December – Meeting with Oakwell Hall rangers and Cliffe House outdoor team to discuss and view the proposed trail.